What is reality? We can only the truth by teaching ourselves to face the truth in all things. If we encourage our computer to come up with erroneous answers, because they are more desirable, then we are developing a computer that we may never be able to trust. Truth is that which Is.
People try to do all sorts of clever and difficult things to improve life instead of doing the simplest, easiest thing – refusing to participate in activities that make life bad.
I failed a Health and Safety course at the Senior Center today.
One of the questions was:
“In the event of a fire, what steps would you take?”
“F*ckin’ big ones” was apparently the wrong answer.
The present moment is so narrow that there is no space to think about. You can be,
but thoughts cannot be. How can you think? If you think, it means it is already
past, the moment has gone. Or you can think if it has not come yet, it is in the
-Osho (Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)
Those who look only at themselves see little.
Those who justify themselves are not distinguished.
Those who brag have no merit.
The work of prideful people will not endure.
“Breathe/Smile. Relax/Enjoy/Laugh. Play/Create/Envision. Let go/Forgive/Accept.
-Lama Surya Das
Seen on Daily Picdump Source: BuzzFeed
If we gain something,
It was there from the beginning.
If we lose anything, it is hidden nearby.
Look at the ball in the sleeve of my robe.
Surely it has great value.
Pure and impure thoughts are a feature of the mind. There are no wandering thoughts in the Supreme Being. Therefore, abide as That and, free from the pure and impure thoughts of the mind, remain still like a stone or a log of wood. You will then will always be happy.
“Through zeal, knowledge is gotten, through lack of zeal,
knowledge is lost; let a man who knows the double path of
gain and loss thus place himself that knowledge may grow.”
This global warming has brought changes in climate, including making perennial snow mountains melt, thereby adversely affecting not only human beings but also other living species.
In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity.
Do not let pleasure distract you
From meditation, from the way.
Free yourself from pleasure and pain.
I know this is something I would try, jumping or laying there.Seen on: Daily Picdump
Let me drop a word of advice for believers of my faith.
To enjoy life’s immensity, you do not need many things.
In my ten-foot bamboo hut
There is nothing:
There is everything.
Does one really have to fret
No matter what road I travel,
I’m going home.
Source: NYC Municipal Archives
In today’s materialistic society, if you have money and power, you seem to have many friends. But they are not friends of yours; they are the friends of your money and power. When you lose your wealth and influence, you will find it very difficult to track these people down.
-14th Dalai Lama
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket.
“Time is a created thing. To say ‘I don’t have time,’ is like saying, ‘I don’t want to.”
The reverse side also has a reverse side.
There are two motives for reading a book: one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.
War is violence and violence is unpredictable. Therefore, it is better to avoid it if possible, and never to presume that we know beforehand whether the outcome of a particular war will be beneficial or not.
If you wish to see the truth
Then hold no opinion for or against.
The struggle of what one likes
And what one dislikes
Is the disease of the mind.
Some black and white photos of by gone days of New York City.
Source: Tumblr Seen on: Daily Picdump
Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Suffering follows an evil thought as the wheels of a cart follow the oxen that draws it. Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.
– The Buddha
He who experiences the unity of life sees his own Self in all beings, and all beings in his own Self, and looks on everything with an impartial eye.
1. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2. A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.
3. He, who laughs last, thinks slowest.
4. A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
5. Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
6. Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don’t.
7. Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
8. The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there’s a 90% probability you’ll get it wrong.
9. It is said that if you line up all the cars in the world end-to-end, someone from California would be stupid enough to try to pass them.
10. If the shoe fits, get another one just like it.
11. The things that come to those who wait, may be the things left by those, who got there first.
12. Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat all day drinking beer.
13. Flashlight: A case for holding dead batteries.
14. God gave you toes as a device for finding furniture in the dark.
15. When you go into court,you are putting yourself in the hands of twelve people, who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
Crazy things people do in Russia.
She’s either taking a shower, or just cooling off.
No privacy in this restroom.
The man on the lower right is getting an eyeful of goodies.
It looks like she had one to many bottles of vodka.
All seen on: Daily Picdump
Aerial photo of Bath England