“We should always have three friends in our lives-one who walks ahead who we look up to and follow; one who walks beside us, who is with us every step of our journey; and then, one who we reach back for and bring along after we’ve cleared the way.”
~ Michelle Obama
Credit: Quote Master
There is no friend as loyal as a book. -Ernest Hemingway
Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.
Let’s swear each with our pinky
We’ll be the best of friends
Until we are old and wrinkly!
“A friend is one before whom I may think aloud.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable.
“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”
– Martin Luther King
“It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
This is how I feel about all the bloggers I follow, and follow me.
“The best kind of friend is the kind you sit with, never say a word and walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.”
– Steven Wright
“Few friendships would survive if each one knew what his friend says of him behind his back”
– Blaise Pascal
“We should behave to our friends as we
would wish our friends to behave to us.”
From the email in box.
1. Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
2. If you had to identify, in one word, the reason why the human race has not achieved, and never will achieve, its full potential, that word would be “meetings,”
3. There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness,”
4. People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.
5. You should not confuse your career with your life.
6.Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance.
7. Never lick a steak knife.
8. The most destructive force in the universe is gossip.
9. You will never find anybody who can give you a clear and compelling reason why we observe daylight savings time.
10. You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that you think she’s pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her at that moment.
11. There comes a time when you should stop expecting other people to make a big deal about your birthday. That time is age eleven.
12. The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
13. A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
14. Your friends love you anyway.
15. Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
FINAL Thought for the day:
Men are like a fine wine. They start out as grapes, and it’s up to women to stomp the crap out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with.
“Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.”
Here is, old age at its best.
Larry and Bob, two friends, met in the park every day to feed the pigeons, watch the squirrels and discuss world problems.
One day Larry didn’t show up. Bob didn’t think much about it and figured maybe he had a cold or something.. But after Larry hadn’t shown up for a week or so, Bob really got worried. However, since the only time they ever got together was at the park, Bob didn’t know where Larry lived, so he was unable to find out what had happened to him.
A month had passed, and Bob figured he had seen the last of Larry, but one day, Bob approached the park and — lo and behold — there sat Larry! Bob was very excited and happy to see him and told him so. Then he said, ‘For crying out loud Larry, what in the world happened to you?
Larry replied, ‘I have been in jail.’
‘Jail!’ cried Bob. What in the world for?’
‘Well,’ Larry said, ‘you know Jane, that cute little blonde waitress at the coffee shop where I sometimes go?’
‘Yeah,’ said Bob, ‘I remember her. What about her?
‘Well, one day she filed rape charges against me; and, at 89 years old, I was so proud that when I got into court, I pleaded ‘guilty’.
‘The damn judge gave me 30 days for perjury’.
Found in the email inbox.
If any of you wonderful followers want to check out a great person, here is the link to her blog: busymindthinking I know you will like it.
My definition of a philosopher is of a man up in a balloon, with his family and friends holding the ropes which confine him to earth and trying to haul him down.
— Louisa May Alcott
Count your joys instead of your woes. Count your friends instead of your foes. — Irish Proverb
Note: I am not a religious person. But I do like to read things about Buddhism, and it has made me a calmer and better person. If any of you feel offended or think that I am trying to force the Buddhist quotes, proverbs and sayings, then I do apologize. -Don
Your habits can be your friends or your enemies; they can help you or hurt you. – Maxwell Maltz
Know that every bad habit is a thornbush. After all, how often have you stepped on its thorns? – Jalal al-Din Rumi