what is reality
what is real
what is fake
what is true
going to try
what is reality
what is real
what is fake
what is true
going to try
“The greatest achievement was at first and for a time a dream. The oak sleeps in the acorn, the bird waits in the egg, and in the highest vision of the soul a waking angel stirs. Dreams are the seedlings of realities.”
~ James Allen, Writer, 1864 – 1912
“This highway leads to the shadowy tip of reality: you’re on a through route to the land of the different, the bizarre, the unexplainable…Go as far as you like on this road. Its limits are only those of mind itself. Ladies and Gentlemen, you’re entering the wondrous dimension of imagination. . . Next stop The Twilight Zone.”
~ Rod Serling, Screenwriter, Born: December 25, 1924 – Died: June 28, 1975
fact or fiction
true or false
reality or fantasy
to think about
“Life is one big road with lots of signs,
So when you riding through the ruts,
Don’t you complicate your mind
Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy
Don’t bury your thoughts; put your vision to reality.”
~ Bob Marley
“We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.”
~ Iris Murdoch
“Reality is the #1 cause of insanity among those who are in contact with it”
~ Edgar Allan Poe
We have to face the reality of climate change. It is arguably the biggest threat we are facing today.
Welcome to the new reality.
He began to cry, not hysterically or screaming as people cry when concealed rage with tears, but with continuous sobs who has just discovered that he’s alone and will be for long. He cried because safety and reason seemed to have left the world. Loneliness was a reality, but in this situation madness was also remotely a possibility.
~ Stephen King
Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion.
“Thoughts become perception, perception becomes reality. Alter your thoughts, alter your reality.”
– William James
“Clean water is only as far away as the nearest tap, and there are taps everywhere. There’s a faucet everywhere. But the reality is, the water in our toilets is cleaner than the water that most people are drinking.” – Matt Damon
“The aim of human life is to know thyself. Think for yourself. Question authority. Think with your friends. Create, create new realities. Philosophy is a team sport. Philosophy is the ultimate, the ultimate aphrodisiac pleasure. Learning how to operate your brain, learning how to operate your mind, learning how to redesign chaos” – Timothy Leary
Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality.
Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.
-Edgar Allan Poe
The people who say you are not facing reality actually mean that you are not facing their idea of reality. Reality is above all else a variable. With a firm enough commitment, you can sometimes create a reality which did not exist before.
-Margaret Halsey, No Laughing Matter
then there’s Trump
Born: July 15, 1919 – Died: February 8, 1999
Born: July 10, 1871 – Died: November 18, 1922
Source: A book a day keeps reality away
“Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
– Albert Einstein
“Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”
– Edgar Allan Poe
But opinions, judgements, memories, dreaming about the future–ninety percent of the thoughts spinning around in our heads have no essential reality. — Charlotte J. Beck
To think in terms of either pessimism or optimism oversimplifies the truth. The problem is to see reality as it is. — Thich Nhat Hanh
From my email inbox:
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I’m pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind-of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-Ray? I don’t want to have to restart my collection…again!
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word / Excel / PowerPoint, etc. and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my document that I swear I did not make any changes to.
14. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Light than Kay.
17. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Ghetto” routing option.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front at the last minute, after ignoring signs to merge lanes. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. But pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
22. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.
23. The first testicular guard, the “Cup,” was used in Hockey in 1874 and the first helmet was used in 1974. That means it only took 100 years for men to realize that their brain is also important.Carpe Diem
How do we know that the sky is not green and we are all colour-blind?
– Author Unknown
Existence or consciousness is the only reality. Consciousness plus waking, we call waking. Consciousness plus sleep, we call sleep. Consciousness plus dream, we call dream. Consciousness is the screen on which all the pictures come and go. The screen is real, the pictures are mere shadows on it.
What is reality? We can only the truth by teaching ourselves to face the truth in all things. If we encourage our computer to come up with erroneous answers, because they are more desirable, then we are developing a computer that we may never be able to trust. Truth is that which Is.
In reality there is only Now. If you know how to handle this moment you know how to handle the whole eternity.